When I was a little kid back home, I witnessed people were so amazed at Christians. Our schools are as huge in number as they are expected of coming from 2nd largest populated country. St. Joseph’s H S school had more than 3000 students in the main branch and the school also had 2 other branches in the same town. Studying with Hindu, Muslim and other Christian children was certainly a great experience as you are respected and kept as model for other students. You are a Christian. However, I don’t see that often these days. The world has a standard for us!
We know what a Rattle snake is capable of; a Tsunami is capable of or a quarter-back is capable of and the world has standard for any and every concept. When I was in Florida last year, in one of the crocodile show handed me a little crocodile. He asked me if I am aware of what he could do! Probably a good photo to be on our bulletin this Sunday! We also know our mothers embraces and feeling the softness of the fingers of our kids and their capacities. I was amazed at the Emperor penguins. The male will balance the egg on his feet to keep it warm for the whole 9 week, keeping it warm, waiting for the partner’s return with food. Nature teaches us so much about love! Nature revolves around the principle of giving to and protecting family from danger.
Some of the world standards for Christians are 1. We are people of the Resurrection. We chose light and avoid sin. 2. We are the salt of the earth and light to the world – we show others how to shift from glorifying ourselves to glorifying God. 3. Our life as Christians is founded on not using, abusing, misusing, cheating, hurting, judging or disrespecting God and others, rather founded on love for God and neighbor. When Father Chevalier, the Founder of MSC envisioned the society, he said, “I see a new world emerging.” Love is both our theory and practice at the same time. I can wear a Red Philly shirt without knowing any players or the game and make the most noise!
Just as the world has standard for us Christians, we should also have our own standards! And our standard as Christians constantly aims to model on God’s. As a patriot, you have a flag or war photos at home. As a Philly fan you wear their T shirts or caps! But as Christian you can’t just have a picture of the Sacred Heart at home or wear a pious T shirt to the Church! Your continual attempts to participate in a time of worship, a time to pray, a time to help those in need, a time to sacrifice and a be a bridge in the family are all your standard that you have for you as Christians!
It is a pity to see Christians in demolition projects: doing away with Love. If God is Love and Christ is God, we Christians are people of Love. We don’t want another Gandhi to tell us, “I love Christ, not the Christians.” As Paul and Barnabas the church needs people who could carry the message of love to all. After all, Christianity does not make any sense without love! Now tell me how far you are a Christian!

No comments:
Post a Comment